Tuesday, January 30, 2007

sisters loving their neighbor


Today me and two sisters went to a previous employment place that I worked and held a bible book study for at least nine individual woman who listened to the chapter on Learning from Jesus' temptations. chapter 13. The eldest sister was the conductor which she did very well indeed. We started out with prayer which one of the ladies asked her to do ( which never happened on previous visits ) and also ended in prayer. It was very nice to see these older ladies taking in knowledge of God and Jesus. It was actually overwhelming for me and my heart. I remember them not getting visitation from family members. It also is a joy to know that God's loving provision provides spiritual food for the infirm and the widows. I remember the scriptures which is the first commandment and the second. You should love God with your whole heart and whole soul and whole mind. second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Well, I believe I am loving my neighbor. Shouldn't we all be doing that in some way or another. The study was on Jesus' temptations from the Satan and how he tried so hard to make Jesus' fail his earthly ministry course and his heavenly course. He tempted Jesus to make loaves of bread out of rocks, Jesus new that it was wrong to use his miraculous powers for personal desires. That temptation failed. 2.He challenges Jesus to leap off the temple wall so that God's angels will rescue him. Jesus again refused to yield to do wrong choosing to remain faithful. 3. The Devil shows Jesus all the kingdoms of the world. And says all these things I will give to you if you you fall down and do an act of worship to me Jesus remained faithful yet again. So we learn that not only are we tempted but also Jesus was tempted far worse than we can imagine. If we meditate and think would we have been able to resist satan and to remain perfect, in that we would do the will of God. Giving ourselves as a ransom for many and the many are us. This surely is something to think about. To take away the sins of the world, Our sins. What a perfect individual what a perfect and loving man Jesus is to have done the will of God.

No comments: