Friday, February 9, 2007

The complete suit of armor

Today I went on my bible study. The sister who conducted it has been my sister in the faith as well as a close friend of mine for many years. I learned so much from this study that it is encouraging me to real love Jehovah God more and to understand his blessings. The study was in the worship the only true God book chapter eight; which is wrestling against wicked spirit forces. paragragh 13-15. My study started at 11 am and ended at 2 pm in the afternoon. I was so excited that I did not want it to end. The paragraphs werer about how to be equipped to be conquerors. Jesus said before his death to his apostles to "take courage! I have conquered the world." "Who is the one who conquers the world but he who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God?" So I have learned such faith is by obeying Jesus' commands and relying on God's WORD, even as Jesus did. So by doing this we will attain wisdom and discernment and the love of the word as well as love for Jesus and Jehovah his Father. I learned today that I should not miss any meetings, and that I should stay close to the congregation of which Jesus is HEAD. When we fall short ( as we all do ) we should repent and seek God's forgiveness on the basis of Jesus' sacrifice. In this way despite our mistakes we too can be conquerors.

To succeed in this we need to put on the "complete suit of armor that is from God, neglecting no part of it. ( open your bible and read Ephesians 6:13-17 which will talk about that suit of armor)

1. Loins girded with about with truth.
question - Even though we may know the truth, how do regular study, meditation on bible truth, and meeting attendance protect us? So we need to find the answer to these questions by searching the bible. The answers can be found in these scriptures (1 Corinthians 10:12,13; 2 Corinthians 13:5; and Philippians 4:8,9 which the last of these is my most favorite scripture ) There is another that I want to throw in here and it is in Philippians as well and it is 4: 4-7 which is beautiful:
4 Always rejoice in [the] Lord. Once more I will say, Rejoice! 5 Let YOUR reasonableness become known to all men. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.
Isn't that wonderful, I meditate on this.
2. Breastplate of righteousness -
Question- Whose standard of righteousness is this? Revelation 15:3 Easy answer.
Jehovah's standard of righteousness. Very simple indeed!
Illustrate: How failure to follow Jehovah's righteous ways exposes one to spiritual harm.
Answer (Deuteronomy 7:3,4; 1 Samuel 15:22,23) If you reject Jehovah's God word, HE rejects you. To obey is better than sacrifice.
3.Feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace
Question- How is it a safequard for us to keep our feet busy taking us to talk to people about God's provisions for peace? (Psalm 73:2,3; Romans 10:15; 1 Timothy 5:13) How comely are the feet of those who declare the good news. There is no time for unimportant things. There are reasons and there are excuses. That is something we should really think about and meditate on reasons versus excuses of why we do not do what is right in Jehovah's eyes. We should focus on him and his word. The bible is our text book that we live by. This is our service. This is our life saving work. This is our ministry. Our name states that we our Jehovah's witnesses and what Jehovah askes us to do through his Word we follow completely and to the letter. This is his provision that he gave to us. There are no excuses of why we cannot do what he asks. So we should not make any excuses. Illness, happens and that is a reason. Did Jesus make an excuse of why he couldn't give his life as a ransom, no, he didn't he gave his life for us, and so shouldn't we follow his example and do what the Father has asked us to do even unto death. If I die today I know I will be in God's memory and he will not forget me and I will be brought back because he loves me. That is my hope and it is the ressuretion hope that Jehovah gave to us through his son Jesus christ. Jehovah gave us everything and what little does he ask us to do, he asks us to be faithful and true.
4. Large shield of faith
Question-If we have faith that is firmly founded, how will we react in the face of efforts that are meant ot cause us to doubt and fear?
Answer(2 Kings 6:15-17 If you read these passages in the scriptures then you will understand that there is no reason to be afraid, because God is with us. From these scriptures I discerned that "Do not be afraid, there are more who are with us then those who are with them." Who are those that the scriptures are talking about here? They are talking about angels. Myriads and Myriads. ( in a myriad is ten thousand angels and during the time of our forefathers we know that Jehovah directed his angels to protect his prophets and his people. So to what is he doing for us today. We are protected as a group. As his people, worldwide, there is nothing to be afraid of not even death. 2 Timothy 1:12 We are suffering, but we are not ashamed, we are confident. Jehovah opens our eyes so that we can see and we see with his word. In contrast: as he opened Elisha's attendants eyes so that he could see the angels and not be afraid.
5. Helmet of salvation
Question- How does the hope of salvation help one to avoid being ensnared by excessive concern with material possessions? (1 Timothy 6:7-10;19 ) This is where the answer is.
What I discerned from the scriptures are; I am thinking of the future, I am looking forward to our salvation. I should be happy with shelter, food, clothing, and not be anxious over anything because Jehovah knows what I need and will provide. Money is a root of evil, we should learn how to put God first before material things and too, which I love this, no matter what we acquire, We were brought into the world with nothing and cannot carry anything out. Love this one. Get the firm hold of the real life and safely treasure up for our future. which is everlasting life.
6. Sword of the spirit
Question- On what should we alsways rely when fighting off onlslaughts against our spirituality or that of thers?
Answer(Psalm 119:98; Proverbs 3:5,6; Matthew 4:3,4) well we know that man must not live on bread alone but on every word of God. Trust in Jehovah will our whole heart, mind, soul, and being. Constant prayer regularly everyday. Here is my favorite, "Wiser than my enemies your commandment makes me, Because to time indefinite it is mine."
What else is vital to success in spiritual warfare? How often is it employed? In behalf of Whom? Prayer, it should be employed everyday all day. (Ephesians 6:17-19

This is what I studied today I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: